Saturday, September 16, 2006

Prim's Amazing Journey

Today, a joyful reunion marks the end of an amazing true story of struggle, perseverance, and hope.

Prim, a purebreed plywood cube and the adored pet of Jacek Antonelli, was returned to his owner today after being missing for nearly two weeks. "I had almost given up hope of ever seeing my dear Primmy again," says Antonelli. "I'm so glad he's back. My life just wasn't the same without him."

Jacek Antonelli looks on as Prim stretches out for a much-needed nap outside their home in Hallasan.
Jacek Antonelli looks on as Prim stretches out for a much-needed nap outside their home in Hallasan.
Prim went missing on September 4 after he bounced away from the cottage where he resided in Hallasan (located along the south-east coast of the Most-Southern Continent). "Prim needed some excercise, so I set him on physical and gave him a script to set his llTargetOmega," tells Antonelli. "But I forgot to put on his leash before I closed the edit window, and he bounced up into the air, right over the house! I was so surprised."

Jacek Antonelli searched for hours to find Prim, but he was nowhere to be found. When Prim hadn't been returned after several days, Antonelli feared the worst: "I thought he must have bounced into the ocean and drowned, or gotten trapped in a sex club and asphyxiated."

The route Prim may have taken from Hallasan (south) to Chamisak (north).
The route Prim may have taken from Hallasan (south) to Chamisak (north).

(Artist's recreation)
But today, Antonelli logged on to find some good news: Resident Artlan Doctorow found Prim on his parcel in the Chamisak region, over 5.5 kilometers from Antonelli's cottage. Said Antonelli, "I was so surprised! I have no idea how he got all the way to Chamisak by himself."

Asked for comment, Doctorow beamed, "I'm just glad to have helped reunite the two. No one shoud have to go through the fear of losing a pet, especially one that cute."

Now Prim, exhausted but seemingly no worse for wear, purrs contentedly as Antonelli strokes him. "I'm absolutely amazed at how he managed to keep going so long, especially with the grid restarting to frequently. I never imagined he would make it, but I'm so happy that he's back."

Antonelli has a plan to keep Prim safe and sound from now on: "I'm going to be extra-careful when dealing with physical objects. I'm giving Prim a script so I can track him wherever he goes, too. You know, just in case he gets loose again."

When asked to comment on his journey, Prim replied: "Hello, Avatar!"

2 comments:

Keoni Chavez said...

Seriously, that's a sweet photo of the two of you. I'm crying syrupy sweet tears of release over here.

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you found your pet Jacek. It would have sad if Primmy had not been returned but Primmy was and you are happy, that is all that matters. :-)